- 200g Fresh Claw Crab Meat (1 Pack)
- 100g “Paximadaki” (Cretan Barley Rusk)
- 300g Authentic Greek Yoghurt (2 Packs)
- 50g Mustard
- 15g Fresh Coriander
- 1x Egg
- 20ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 20ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5g Fine Pure Sea Salt (1x Espresso Spoon)
- 1g Black Pepper (1x Pinch)
- 400ml Olive Pomace Oil (for Frying)
TIP: Add 50-100 ml Fresh Crab Stock for extra flavour!
Step by step
“Kavourokeftedes”… the most fresh & light crab cakes you have ever tasted!
The recipe is simple & is based on the purity & amazing taste of the ingredients & especially our Fresh Claw Meat from Wild Greek Blue Crab from “Aegean Gourmet”. Start with crushing the 100g of “paximadaki” in a blender till you have small crumbs & by finely chopping the fresh coriander. Then add all the ingredients (except the pomace oil!) in a bowl & mix well. Let the mix in the fridge for around 30mins to settle. In the meantime, you can prepare the dip for the crab cakes. Follow the link & find the recipe for the “Moustardlou”, our middle eastern twisted tzatziki. Finally, warm-up the pomace oil in a pan & start by shaping & frying your “kavourokeftedes”. Dry them on kitchen paper & serve them with a generous portion of the dip.